This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 6 April 2015

Goodbye Card

Hello Everyone

Firstly, apologies for not having posted for a few days.  My husband was involved in a rather serious motorbike accident and was hospitalised for 2 days.  Thankfully he is now back home again and he is on the mend.  It was a rather scary time for us and I am just thankful that his injuries were not too bad, considering that there was not much left of the motorbike. The angels were certainly watching over him!!!

I made a Goodbye Card for the Head Mistress of my sons school, who has moved on to another school.




I created the blocks by doing some resist, embossed stamping and then used some distress paint to paint over the stamping, along with a whitewash. It was initially a big block, which I then cut up into the smaller blocks.


It was quite a lot of fun trying this technique and I was happy with the result.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I really appreciate the visit!
Denise x


7 comments:

  1. Your card is so fun and I love the great texture too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The resist looks fabulous.....& thank GOODNESS your hubby is going to be OK. These things make us appreciate every minute of life, eh??!!!! You never do know what is around the corner:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh beautiful! Love the gilded corners and the repeat tiles. Sending much love and many good thoughts to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise glad to here that your hubby is ok now - he is really lucky! Angels make their work perfect! ))))
    and the card is beautifil, love this combination of the square blocks and the corners, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the accident Denise and thank goodness for guiding Angels to watch over us. You've been having a rough time of late. Your new technique looks wonderful as does the yummy central bloom :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are certainly having a bad run! Thank goodness hubs is okay!! Motorbikes are not the best inventions. Maybe he'll go off them now? Lovely fresh card. I like the grid concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card you made for your son's head mistress. I hope your hubby is OK and I will keep all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete