This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 26 April 2015

Adventures - Safari Collection - BoBunny

Hello Everyone

I hope you have been having a restful and crafty weekend!

I had some fun in my scrap room this weekend and created this fun little page of my son. I think Joe was just over 1 year old here and was so very, very sweet.


My Mom and Dad have this huge bush in the garden and my Dad shapes it.  It is normally a bit of a round ball, with a flat side on the top. On this day he put Joe on top of this bush and was closely watching him to see what his reaction would be.  Joe just sat and looked down into the garden below.
He was so sweet....and held onto the leaves...just like a little monkey! ;-)

Eventually he starting clambering and crawling towards the edge of the bush, and of course, my Dad was there to catch him! ;-)


I used the Safari Collection from BoBunny and the colouring was perfect for this page! It was also perfect for this fun, little boy themed page.


I did some watercolouring, which is always such fun for me! I used some Lettuce Distress paint here and it came out wonderfully!


I used my white gel pen around the chippies and the photo wood frame matting.  I did not want them to get lost in the background and so was a great way to give them definition.


Safari is obviously a travel and Zoo collection...but can definitely be used for other themed type projects and this is just one example.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a super Sunday!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. Cute! I like how the striped paper goes with Joe's shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning boy's page Denise. Loving the little monkey.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute photo & story! Lovely idea for this collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOVE a LOT! That collection of pp....PERFECT! And your circles and watercolouring...it really looks totally fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo sweet page! The colours match up perfectly with the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see a photo of Jo as a tiny boy. The pp looks just right with this striped top and the monkey embellie is perfect. Lovely work and thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful layout Denise! love these details, and this watercolor background looks so great!

    ReplyDelete