This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 21 April 2013

Cherish - Prima BAP April

Hi Everyone

I am back for my second post and this time it's the Prima BAP April challenge.

April 2013 BAP Lene

The sketch has a grungy look to it and so decided on a masculine page of my Dad for this challenge.


I used the Lifetime collection, along with a stamp from the Engraver collection.
My Dad is not a flowery person at all, and so I really wanted to keep this page simple and not use too many blooms.  I fussy cut the blooms from the paper and their centres are Prima tiny junkyard findings.


I spritzed the background with Perfect Pearls Mists - forever green and then did some finger painting over that. I like that it adds a little bit of shimmer and colour, but not too much.


This is not my usual style, but I am happy with how it turned out, and is perfect for the theme of my Dad. 

Thanks for your wonderful patronage!
Have a super Sunday!
Denise x

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow Denise...I am saying this with the greatest Love...what a 'lekker' messy page!!!! Love the photo of your Dad and you did it justice with this Artsy LO...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to try something new. The grungy elements are such a fun part of your page. Lovely work :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those flowers, love that stamping, love the finger painting! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing beautiful work greetings Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful masculine page and I love the slight grungy feel among the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.... So different from your usual style and I really like it. Great for a mans page. Way to go Denise :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful layout Denise! I love the background that you pained and how you tied in the colored photo with a splash of color! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Patricia, I love what you did with the background. Your colour combination is stunning and the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. and don't you do masculine so well, that grungy look is so appealing and I so adore the way you did those flowers... AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout Denise! Sweet photo too!!

    ReplyDelete