This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 18 December 2012

It's December and it's Bloomin Marvelous - OUAS December Challenge

Hi Everyone

Yesterday was a Public Holiday here and so it was a good opportunity to catch up on some scrapping.  I finished this layout for the OUAS challenge and I am almost done with another layout, which I hope to share with you tomorrow.

So here was the sketch challenge.



Here is my version of it.




The title is a bit of a play on words, as it refers to the beautiful daisies in my garden! Here is a close-up below of the hidden journalling, which is the green tag to the right of my layout, which gives you the story behind the layout and title.


December is definitely my favourite time of the year, and as you can see, for many reasons.

I used Bo Bunny Country Garden papers and tags. The chipboard lantern is Enmarc and the fence is Celebr8 and all the woody swirls are Design Worx. The flowers are Prima and Petaloo. I decided to keep the colouring white and green as it emphasises the white daisies. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border and punches for the leaves also.  The big fern leaves are Cuttlebug cut and embossed and spritzed with Dazzles sprays.

Here are some more close-ups.




Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look.
Hope you have a super evening!
Denise x

11 comments:

  1. Denise, they are really so beautiful, same as your layout! Thank you so much for playing with at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout, Denise! Your beautiful flowers usually arrive here in the Spring!! Nice to see them today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout.Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Denise. Love it and all the pretty little details :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layout Denise. I love the pearl frame and the dimension you created with the layers and the blooms. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm originally from SA and I can just smell those daisies!! Such a pretty layout Denise. The lace looks like a little fence. Thanks for joining in the festive fun with us at OUAS and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious...our daisies don't last in the heat ....how wonderful for you they do. Beautiful details...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout! Love all the blossoms and elegant pearl frame! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!!! Your layout is SO gorgeous!!!! I love every single detail! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS! Merry Christmas xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful layout. I like the way you framed everything, it seems there are several "frames" made of perls or paper which looks fantastic.

    Happy 2013, Andrea

    By the way, I also participated in the challenge, have a look at my blog and if you like, become a memeber http://paperscrapsandscissors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow beautiful!! lovely details By the way, I also participated in the challenge, have a look at my blog and if you like, become a memeber www.jannekevanveen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete