This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 3 September 2012

This is so Cool - Sketch #9 - Scrap Africa

Hi Everyone

There is a new sketch challenge at Scrap Africa. Please do have a look, as there is really some amazing eye candy from the DT.

Here is the sketch and my take on it.




I used Echo Park Boys Papers and stickers. This collection is really awesome.
I did some artsy cicrles on the background as well, which I did using Staedtler Aquarelle pencils and a stencil. These pencils when used with water give a water colour paint effect.
Here is a closer look below.


Anyways, perhaps you can join us? It would be great if you could.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a scrappy day!
Denise x

5 comments:

  1. This is one great layout, Denise!! Love the two photos most of all, of course, but also love the color palette and those circles! Reminds me of art journaling with a toilet paper roll! lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful project, Denise! I like the way you interpreted the sketch and those circles are so cute. lucky you that you caught him before he noticed yu with the camera :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool LO, and I love the story behind it. It reminds me of my son. This morning he didn't want me to take a picture of him. But I told him it's a RULE that moms have to take photos of their kids on the first day of school...and he believed me! It worked this time, but I'm sure I'll have to think of a new strategy next time I want to photograph him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Denise,

    Thanks SO much for all your lovely words on my work. I LOVE your take on the sketch here and love that I gave you some inspiration for it also :) This paper range is one of my fav's too! LOVE LOVE LOVE the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout....I love those circles, thank you for sharing how you made them.

    ReplyDelete